Frequently Asked Questions About the Gutter System We Offer
A simple fascia build-out could be performed on your home to enable a K-Guard system to be installed. For further information, consult your local dealer.
No. The K-Guard Leaf Free Gutter System was designed and engineered as a single, complete system. The custom-formed components are optimized to perform with each other, but not with other open-top gutter components.
K-Guard attaches to existing or installed fascia board below your existing roof. A K-Guard installation will not affect your roof, except to provide superior protection against ice damming and blowback.
Most conventional gutters are hung too close to the roofline to allow room for any sort of cover to fit correctly. Due to this height problem, some add-on products are often attached to or over existing shingles, potentially voiding your roof warranty. Plus, if you’re going to need to move or replace your gutters to allow an add-on product to fit correctly, why not just invest in a new and complete covered gutter system? Because K-Guard was designed and built as a complete and fully engineered leaf-free gutter system, you can be guaranteed that all of its components integrate correctly to provide exceptional performance.
Each dealer determines the fair market price in his or her local area. Price may be affected by a variety of factors, including material cost, location, local competition, regional labor costs, etc. K-Guard is always cost-competitive with other systems. In any kind of cost comparison, be sure to evaluate the overall benefits, quality, performance, and aesthetics of each product.
- K-Guard was fully engineered as an integrated leaf-free gutter system from the ground up. No other system can offer the complete range of benefits that K-Guard provides.
- A full, 5-inch wide gutter (same capacity as standard, k-style gutters)
- A 3-1/4-inch wide gutter bottom to accommodate 3×4 inch downspout
- Our patented hangers fully support our gutter from front to back
- Angled hanger design for added leverage and strength
- Front and rear drainage passages for improved water collecting
- A smooth, attractive design
- A convenient, removable hood
Very well. K-Guard will withstand virtually any snow, ice, or wind condition, making it a superior product for homeowners in cold weather climates. Many people do not realize that with conventional, open-top gutter systems ice will form on the inside, where you cannot see it. The resulting freezing and thawing actually pry your gutters off your home. With K-Guard, ice forms on the outside of the gutter, rather than the inside. Additionally, K-Guard is stronger than both traditional gutters and other covered gutter systems, so you can be sure that no amount of snow or ice will pull our product off of your home. Our system also has a rear drainage channel which helps prevent wind-blown water from backing up under your roof’s edge and freezing, so the potential of ice damming is far lower than with other systems.
Yes. The K-Guard system is extremely effective at keeping leaves and debris out of the gutter. Our system is backed up with 3×4 inch downspouts that help flush out any small pieces of debris that may occasionally enter the gutter. In the unlikely event that your K-Guard system ever does develop a clog, for any reason, your installer will come to your home and remedy the problem– absolutely free. All warranties are offered through our dealers. For more information, ask your local dealer about the warranties offered on the system and its materials.
Computer-based engineering studies have been conducted to determine the overall strength of the K-Guard system. Here are the impressive results:
- The system can support vertical loads on the front of the gutter of 35 lbs. per foot of gutter. That equals 70 lbs. per installed hanger.
- The hood can support 60 lbs. per square foot of pressure, both in load and uplift, before any flexing of the hood will occur.
- There is really no limit to the life span of this system. The coatings on the gutter and hood will easily last 20 years, the base materials will not corrode, and the internal hangers (which are protected from the elements by the gutter and hood) will last almost indefinitely.
- The K-Guard gutter system comes in a variety of colors that compliment your home. Ask your local dealer about the specific colors available in your area.
- Great. With its smooth, curved appearance, K-Guard has been described as the best looking product on the market and is certainly more attractive than standard residential (k-style) gutters. K-Guard also tends to blend in with your home’s existing architecture and roof style more effectively than the sharp corners and vertical faces of other covered systems. Here are some photos of the projects